Sunday, January 31, 2016

Homemade Soap Bars

Two posts in two days! 

I just tried out my first batch of soap bars! I found a super simple recipe to start with that only called for lye, distilled water, olive oil, and optional Essential Oils. I went with DoTerra's Citrus Bliss and Lime... Smells so good!


It was a bit intimidating working with lye but the process was smoother than I thought.

Hand blenders make the process easy and light on the wrist. Huge respect to our ancestors who made soap without modern conveniences! (Bucket list item for the future: make my own lye just to know how to do it)


I forgot to take a picture of the mold before I filled it but they have flower imprints on the front. 

I'll post pictures when I remove them from the mold later this week. I have a shipment with more supplies arriving this Tuesday and will also be trying out Lemongrass Bergamot Shampoo Bar and basic lotion.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! Citrus anything is amazing, good choice. Make sure to post about the shampoo and bar lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you making lotion or lotion bars?
    Also, bulk apothecary is a decent option for resources.
    Good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete